Basic Japanese for Bilingual Children “Kokugo Kyoshitsu” is open to those children who can read and write hiragana fluently and most katakana and recognize some basic kanji. Children are immersed in Japanese language through presentations, media, books, and hands-on activities. This class is designed to help improve children’s Japanese language skills and develop fluency. Japanese grade 1 to 3 level materials are used depending on child’s current level and progress. Cooperative learning strategies are used to promote class community while sharing their strengths and working together toward a goal regardless of their level of language proficiency.
1. Read and write hiragana and katakana fluently
2. Recognize and write some very basic Kanji (numbers, days etc.)
3. Follow instructions in Japanese.
4. Sit at a desk at least for 20 min.
5. Participate in class without parents
For more information about class content, please contact the instructor or program coordinator Takimi Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.