Frequently Asked Questions
Cancelling Registration From a Non-Credit Class or Event
Due to the wide variety of programs that Continuing Education offers, there is no single cancellation policy for all of our offerings. However, there are some common cancellation procedures.
Requests to cancel must be made in writing or by email.
- Written requests may be sent to:
Division of Continuing Education
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway, Building 77, Suite 149
Pensacola, FL 32514
- Email requests may be sent to: ContinuingEd@uwf.edu
Requests to cancel must be made prior to the start of the event. Ten (10) business days’ notice is most common, but many programs have earlier deadlines. Check program specifics on the program website or registration form.
Substitutions are allowed for many programs. Check program specifics on the program website or registration form.
Refunds are not issued for no shows.
Exceptions to the withdrawal policy may be made for circumstances related to serious illness, travel issues, death in the family, etc. Written documentation must be provided. For approved exception requests, a refund will be provided and the amount determined on a case by case basis.
Refund & Attendance Policy
In the event you withdraw from a class, we are happy to refund your fees according to the policy set forth below.
In rare instances, classes with low enrollment may be canceled. We will make every effort to notify you of changes or cancellations. In the event of a cancellation or change by us, we will provide you with a 100% refund or transfer you to an equivalent class.
Course Refund Policy:
- 100% refund for all withdrawals or transfers made ten (10) or more business days (Monday – Friday) before the first day of class.
- 80% refund for all withdrawals or transfers made inside ten (10) business days (Monday – Friday) before the first day of class.
- 60% refund for all withdrawals or transfers made the first week of class.
- 0% refund for all withdrawals or transfers made after the first week of class.
- Exception: For online courses that start anytime no refunds are available once the student has access to the course.
All course materials are returned in as-new condition to the institution at the student’s expense. Such materials must be received within ten (10) business days of the first day of class. The cost of materials not received or those that cannot be returned (such as software, memberships, exam vouchers, or exam sponsorship) shall not be refunded to the student. Refunds shall be paid to the student shall be granted within thirty (30) days following the deactivation date of the program.
Refunds paid by cash or check take approximately 2 to 4 weeks to process. If payment was made by credit card, your account will be credited.
Attendance: You must attend a minimum of 80% of all classes to receive CEU credits and a completion certificate. Classes which meet four (4) or fewer sessions require 100% attendance to meet this requirement. For online courses, you must receive a score of 80% or higher on the final exam or course assessment.
Inclement Weather: UWF is not able to issue refunds for classes which have been postponed due to inclement weather or other circumstances beyond our control. We will make every effort to reschedule such classes. Listen to 88.1FM for campus closures or postponed classes.
Quality: We are proud of the quality of our programs. If after attending a class, you are not completely satisfied, we will allow you to retake the course within 12 months at no additional cost. Please make your request within 7 days of the last class meeting.
How to Register for Class
- Online: Register here by selecting an event from our course menu and continuing through the shopping cart.
- By Phone: Use your credit card. Call the Continuing Education office at 850-473-7468. For Leisure Learning, call 850-474-3491.
- In Person: Continuing Education is located in Pensacola Fla., at 11000 University Pkwy, Building 77, Suite 149. Our office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Standard Time.
- By Mail: Send your check or money order to UWF Continuing Education Bldg. 77 Suite 149 Pensacola, FL 32514
Have a Question or Need Additional Assistance?
Contact the Student Support Center via email, phone or just drop in. We are located in Building 77, Room 149 on the UWF Pensacola Campus. Email us at email@example.com or call (850) 473-7468. We are here to help!