Beginning Japanese for Children “Nihongo Kyoshitsu” is open to those children who can recognize and read about 20 out of 46 basic hiragana and understand some basic Japanese words. Children are immersed in Japanese language. This class is designed to help children master all hiragana and some katakana, build basic vocabulary, practice Japanese speaking skills and to provide a fun Japanese learning environment in a classroom setting. Writing practices and activities are incorporated into the weekly lesson depending on child’s current level and progress. Japanese culture is introduced and taught through presentations, media, books and hands-on activities.
1. Read and write approximately 20 of the 46 basic hiragana
2. Understand some basic Japanese words
3. Follow simple instructions in Japanese.
4. Sit at a desk at least for 15 min.
5. Participate in class without parents
For more information regarding the class content, please contact the instructor or program coordinator Ms. Takami Taylor at email@example.com.