CodeFest is an event where programmers, project managers, graphic designers, and other people within the software development come together to form teams and develop a product over a weekend for the consumer. Teams usually consist of 4-5 members. The goal of this competition is for students to get hands-on experience and most importantly have fun! Each team will be given a mentor who will help guide the team through the weekend. The end goal is to have a product ready by the end of the weekend. This is a great way for students to learn and network with other professors and community leaders. The competition will have an overarching theme that each of the teams must design a product around. This theme will be released about a week before the competition so teams can begin thinking.
The goals of CodeFest are
- To provide an atmosphere for students involved in a software development field to meet and work on an area of interest
- To educate students and provide an opportunity for students to learn about the development process
- To allow students to network with organizations and industry professionals
- To solve a problem or develop a product with beneficial purpose for an organization, region, or cause
- To give students an opportunity to compete with others and have fun developing new and interesting products