The UWF Department of Anthropology is offering a short course on submerged paleolandscapes August 3-7, 2020 in Pensacola, Florida. The course is open to both current students and professionals. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be available through UWF Continuing Education, CE Provider #50-2029. Enrollment in UWF is not required to enroll in this course. Course will include lectures from scholars and professionals, hands-on practical exercises, and on-water experiences (weather permitting).
Topics will include:
- Sea-level change: what it means to archaeology and how to understand it
- Climate changes and their impacts on the archaeological record
- Determining submerged site potential
- Remote sensing methods and interpretation
- Physical sampling and coring methods and analyses
- Excavation and documentation of submerged prehistoric archaeological sites